- The new school year activities
- Algebra I with Teaching Textbooks
- Zack taking sword fighting
- Katie starting Girl Scouts
- A co-op to focus on unit studies, a different one about every six weeks
- A teen group, mostly socializing
- Katie continues with Art Class
Pete is still working at the Census and traveling a bit for work.
Park Day is still on the calendar, but we don't go very often.
- Same as Sept, but added skating some weeks.
- We did a corn Maize, which the kids rolled their eyes about but then ended up having a good time. There was a giant bounce floor that we all had fun on but got me kinda sea sick after a while.
- Kids and I went to see a butterfly exhibit at the Smithsonian
- Katie's best friend stayed with us for about a week and a half and it was fun having three kids around, considering they all got along pretty well.
- Halloween! Our neighborhood isn't very good for Halloween, so Katie made plans to spend the night with a friend and Zack, Pete and I went over to JM's. We got there pretty late but Zack and his pal went around to get candy. I think this may be the last year for it. Maybe a party next year.
(it's possible this was Oct...)
Just before Thanksgiving the kids and I went to MIT Splash with friends. They had a great time, but Zack ended up sick after the first day, so skipped class the next morning. Zack's been having some hard luck traveling lately but we're hoping things will get better.
Then Thanksgiving with G&G Nuwayser.
Fairly typical month and a low-key Christmas. Grandma came in for the holiday and headed out to LI the next day.
Our typical watch TV New Years Eve with mom and the kids.
All through these months, I was planning, planning, planning for the VaHomeschoolers Conference being made to look very good by the team of volunteers working in all the leadership roles.
And that was the end of the year and start to 2012, in which I hoped I would be better about keeping up with the blog, but so far, not so much.