Sunday, June 11, 2006

Support is a great thing

I am so grateful for support groups and friends. After the CAT test debacle, I spoke to several people and got just what I needed. The best advice was to apologize to the kids for putting them in that situation to begin with.

Yesterday, I sat them down and explained that I hadn't listened to them, hadn't prepped them, and I was simply acting like a crazy mommy while we took the math section of the test. They agreed and also accepted my apology.

We're going to take those two sections of the test again and get a better idea of how we look when we've all had a good night's rest, some practice beforehand, I let them write in the books this time and I don't act like a maniac.

And all is well again at home and in my head.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Julie, Jennifer, Pete, Stephanie, Nanci and everyone else who listened, advised, helped and reminded me that there are very few genuine big deals.

No comments: