Saturday, May 16, 2009

Focusing on the 1 instead of the 99

Did you ever hear the one where you're in a room of 100 people. 99 of them like you and one of them doesn't and you spend all your time on the 1 who doesn't and forget about the other 99?

I do that all the time and last week I had the opportunity to do it again. I was aware of it right away. I worked really hard at not chasing the 1, with pretty good success. I talked about it with trusted advisers. And now, three days later, that snub is running over and over again in my head.

I hate it when my head has a mind of its own! When self awareness avails me nothing. I'm sure tomorrow I will remember that I am loved and lovable and that the people in my life are the kind of people I want in my life. That I will never please everyone and that even saints are not loved by all--and that I am no saint ;-)

But right now my head is running on the hamster wheel and I'm tired. :-P

3 comments:

Liz EN said...

To any who may have seen the spam comment, it was removed as soon as I became aware of it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

dengikani said...

I like you, and so do my kids! :)

Liz EN said...

Thanks, M--we like you too!