Monday, February 11, 2008

The New Math

books, that is. We just got the new curriculum today and will start in on it next week. Because of the testing at the end of the year, we always need to skip ahead a bit eliminating the review at the end of our current books and the beginning of the next books so I'm sure we cover everything by June. I was worried we weren't far enough into division but it looks like we will cover it in plenty of time.

I am spending my usual Monday, running around trying to get things organized for Girl Scouts tonight. I am finding it a huge effort to lead the group this year. Part of it is that the girls aren't as interested in scouts. I had hoped they would take the lead more and I could follow their interests. They are much more interested in just hanging out with each other.

So, I've decided to stop fighting it and not bother to do badges that they don't seem interested in earning. They want field trips, so that's what we'll do. --As soon as this International Bazaar for the Service Unit is over next week. It's been like pulling teeth to get the girls to do the stuff for it but I felt like we had to make a showing. Whatever, it will all be someone else's problem in a few months :-D

Pete is working nearby on Mondays, so we have been joining him for lunch. Nice to see him when we are both awake.

I'm off to grade today's math.

No comments: