Friday, September 30, 2005

Still feeling yucky

It's the great conundrum of being sick for me--stay up all night with a stuffy head, or take the meds that keep me up all night without a stuffy head. I opted for the un-stuffed head.

Needless to say, I was feeling pretty ragged out this morning. The perfect day to concentrate on Home Ec!

Katie and Zack discovered all the wonders of the vacuum cleaner today as they cleaned up the living room and dining room. They are really working well together lately and it was nice to hear them come up with their plan, bouncing ideas back and forth. No fighting either. And they did a great job and were extremely proud of themselves.

Next they split up an hour working on the math program. One watched while the other solved the problems. Zack had much more trouble keeping his nose out of Katie's work and kept trying to move her over to do the problem himself, but she wasn't having it.

I'm noticing they are both getting more comfortable asking for help when they don't understand something instead of trying to get it done alone to the point of frustration.

I had them read me some stories to help me feel better and then they spent the rest of the day playing outside and watching the Magic Schoolbus and PBS Kids.

Still sleepy but it looks like I won't lose the whole weekend to this cold but may need to cancel going to the Fairfax Festival tomorrow. That's a bummer. The weather has been terrific as far as I can tell from the bedroom window!

OK, I'm going to load up on the meds and head back to bed.

No comments: