Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm sleeping lousy

For at least the past 3 days I have been waking up btw 3-4am and not really getting back to sleep. It used to be that Pete was awake every day at 4am but that stopped when he left Novell and he's been sleeping much better. Now I'm waking up and generally bothering him by shifting around trying to get back to sleep.

Now I'm sitting here wishing I could go back to bed and know that If I do that, I'll screw up my internal clock.

So, another day of functioning at half wits, trying to keep my temper and get some stuff done. Blech!

It's so hard to get any work done with the kids and even harder to stay present and have any fun with them. Yesterday I pretty much checked out when we got home at 3pm and we didn't crack a book open.

Well, that's not really true. We had stopped off after hitting the ice rink (the kids skated, I felt too crappy) at a used book store I knew was closing in a day or so. Katie and Zack each got 5 books and I got one all for under $8. So, they basically read when we got home.

I am sick of feeling slightly sick. This has been going on since we were at Disney in December. I've only been really layed out for one day but have never really shaken it completely either. I'm not the only one, so that helps in that I feel like it's not just random insomnia but it's wearing pretty thin. Like my nerves.

No comments: